Followers

Saturday, 12 March 2011

Guest Designer Card for Sugarcreekhollow

I was over the moon when I was chosen to be Guest Designer at Sugarcreekhollow
March is Anniversary Celebration Month
 and there is lots going on.....
Here are a few details
March 5th  Anniversary Blog Candy ( you still have time to join in)

March 12 - the first Guest Designer chosen from our Cards of the Week will join us. (Thats me Laney )

March 19 - we are having a blog hop with prizes to be won on each designer’s blog as well as a grand prize on the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog. (not to be missed ladies)

March 26 - we are having a contest to name a new image ( come along and join in
I'm sure the ladies look forward to your company)

Now onto my card and the challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow
the Challenge.....is to use handmade flowers
I have used DP from my stash  they were left over pieces, The digi stamps are a set 'Mama's Apron Strings' and are available from Sugar Creek Hollow store.  I cut them out using my nesties and distressed them, then added some lace, the flowers are made from pearlised paper which I cut then tinted with Tim Holtz distress inks, there are 5 layers to each flower,shaped and stuck each layer together then added to my card... I am now addicted to making my own flowers!!
I am adding this card to the following challenges
http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/...vintage /shabby
http://www.southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.com/..use Flowers
http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/..flowers for Mum


20 comments:

marsha said...

Hi Laney and congratulations on being chosen as SCH's first guest designer! Your card is simply fabulous! Love how you enlarged the sentiment for the front and those GORGEOUS flowers, plus the inside is perfect!
Hugs,
Marsha

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Welcome Laney! I love this card! Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the color combination. I instantly thought your card was wonderful when I saw it on the blog and then was so surprised to see that you made the inside just as beautiful when I got here to your blog. I'm so glad that you joined us as our guest designer!

Cheryl said...

oh laney hun this is one beautiful card just really adore what you have created here,the colors the detail just so beautiful hun,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Liz said...

Lainey that is beautiful hunnie just fab as always you make such lovely cards hun

liz xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining us on our "Flowers for Mum" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Your flowers are gorgeous. And i love your card on the inside. What a beautiful work!!!
Hugs Nataliya.

patriziawithaz said...

Another Wow from me Laney x A gorgeous design - the flowers are stunning ! Hugs x

Kelly Green said...

Love that sentiment! The flowers look beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!

~Kelly

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Welcome Laney and congrats on being Guest Designer! This card is AMAZING and just gorgeous! LOVE your flowers ... they are just PERFECT!!

Darlene
Sugar Creek Hollow
Guest Designer

chrissy xx said...

Congratulations Laney! What a Fabulous card. Love the inside and out.....
Chrissyxx

Tracey said...

oh Laney those flowers are lush, and the colours - so wonderfully caramelly ( not sure that is a proper word but it should be lol) Congrats on the GDT - happy weekend xxx

Donna Moore said...

Laney your talent just oozes from this gorgeous creation! A big congratulations on being guest designer, a spot well deserved! I am going back to take another look and soak up some more inspiration from your card this week, those flowers are fabulous!!
hugs
donna

Primitive Paper said...

Laney, a big WARM WELCOME to the Sugar Creek Hollow design team. And WOW...what a way to display your card as our guest designer this week. your flowers are just ROCKIN' GORGEOUS!!! Girl, you can come back anytime and play our challenges..tee hee. It was a pleasure to feature you and your lovely art this week. Tracy, SCH Owner

Debs said...

FABULOUS flowers Laney-They are really stunning and your colors and design is fantastic-great job
Debs
xxx

Heide said...

Laney,
Welcome to SCH! What a absolutely stunning card! You flowers are wonderful! So glad you have made guest designer here at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs, Heide

orangedaisy said...

congrats, lovely card laney

Dawn Edwards said...

A big Warm Welcome to the Design Team this week. Love your card, the Handmade Roses are Fabulous and I love the shimmer from the pearlized paper. The lace around your sentiment is a beautiful touch and you Rocked the Guest Designer spot!
I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Dawn
SCH_DT

Suzie McFloozy said...

Laney this is absolutely stunning - I love your flowers and the beautiful lace around the die cut - and the inside of your card is equally beautiful as the front x
Congrats on the Guest DT position and thanks for the lovely comments you have left on my blog
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Alicia said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls.
Alicia xx

Patricia said...

Very pretty love the flowers, thanks so much for joining us in our Flower Challenge at Southern Girls. I hope to see you again.
~Patricia