Followers

Saturday, 16 July 2011

My first altered box

Please be gentle with me as this is my very first attempt at altering anything, I am so Inspired by Brenda of http://bumblebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com/ and Cheryl of http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.com/ whom  are totally on a different level in their  art and craft ability to me but as I said I have been inspired by these two very talented ladies and thought I would try and alter this wooden box which I picked up at a charity shop for 99p what a bargain!! I felt as if I've held back a bit with the decorating of it incase I ruined it I was aiming for a shabby chic effect and used tim holtz distress ink, bundled sage to help me with the distressing, I only noticed this morning I have a brush hair on the top and didnt want to mess around with it incase i spoil it ......any suggestions or advice will be gratefully recieved.
Anyway thought I would share my project with you as any critisism good or bad will be well recieved as I say this is new to me and boy did I enjoy it!!! will definitly do more.
The Box..........is a gift for my Mum to keep all her little treasures in A Memory Box
hugs
laney

Entering my box into the following challenges
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/  inspire me fridays...
anything goes

21 comments:

Colette Colman said...

Laney it is just gorgeous! Your mum will love it. It is to nice to use, just to treasure :) Well done :) I am now going to take a look at your inspirational blogs. Can you email me the website that you purchase the beads from for your pins. I am going to have a go at making some xxx

Cheryl said...

OH HUN bless your heart oh what a lovely thing to say hun are way up there hun with both Brenda and me hun honest your talent is amazing and this is fantastic hun,your mum is just going to love love this to bits,its one stunning altered box,hun love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Daisychain said...

Laney this is stunning! I wish I could do it half as well as you have done. Love the image and DP. Hugs Christine x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh what lovely colours and mum will be delighted love the design and the lady. Just the right touch not too much and idnt notice the hair.

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Laney - it is gorgeous . So pretty. I love the vintage image .. very My fair lady lol
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Margreet said...

I can hardly beleive this is the first time you alter a box, Laney....it is so lovely....your mum wil cherish it!
xxx Margreet

tilly said...

wow, what a wonderful first attempt......... wish mine had been as good
Tilly

chris richards said...

Oh Laney you should do more of these !
This is absolutely gorgeous !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxx

Charlene said...

WOW Laney!!! This box is fantastic!!!Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Suzanne Brookfield said...

I too love Brenda's work. Your box is beautiful with so much love and attention to detail....thank you so much for entering it into the Make My Monday challenge.

Brenda Brown said...

Fab, fab, fab Laney - I just love it, this is very shabby chic and so delicate in the colours and image. You must be very proud of it - I would be and your Mum is gonna love it too.
Thank you so much for the kind words, that is very sweet of you and I am so pleased Cheryl and I have inspired you to create outside of the box. Haha pun intended.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sue said...

Wow Laney! This is gorgeous! You have done so well here - a perfect Shabby Chic look. Love the colours and the texture on the top. The image is so beautiful. Love the lace, hearts and flowers - Love it all!!

Hugs Sue xxx

Cazro said...

Your box is beautiful, so shabby chic, I love your design. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at make My Monday. Caz

Sid said...

What a very pretty box !!

Fliss said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Laney. Just love everything about it!
Thanks for joining in over at Make My Monday and hope to see you next time.
Fliss x

Jacqueline said...

A very pretty box, wonderful attention to detail. Thank you so much for joining in with this week's Make My Monday challenge - Jacqueline xx.

AN said...

Wau-tämä on loistava!
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen
onnea arvontaan
Haleja An

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Laney this is awesome, what a stunning creation I love this big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Hi Laney, your box is just gorgeous! I am also looking at Brenda's blog and wish I had her talent as well! Looks to me like more than a lot has rubbed off on you! Sarah

Kim. said...

Wow if this is the first I can't wait to see more, it is truly gorgeous. I'm sure you mum would love it I mean who wouldn't! I love how you tied the flowers in with those on the hat.
Kim xXx

Clarky J said...

This is stunning! such a beautiful effect and the bundled sage works so well x thanks for joining the Stamp Man challenge