Followers

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Fathers Day Tutorial

This is my tutorial  for my Fathers day card
you will need
 Kraftyhands Man bout Town CD 
2 x Kraft 6x6 card stock
Gold mirror card
Black card stock
Card candy
Gold and red Mesh
Double sided tape
Tacky glue
foam pads



Firstly I printed the 2 required sheets from the gatefold section on the cd and cut them out.......I'm afraid I dont always do what it says on the box LOL!! I am making an Easel card today.
I have folded my first Kraft card with 2 mountain folds and cut the other Kraft card in half this will be the  card base.
I have matted and layered all my printed pieces onto the black and gold card.









Using double sided tape I have attached to base card.
As you can see I have decorated the front of the card adding the mesh and card candy.
This is now ready to be assembled












I am sure we all do this in our own way , but  I am going to show you how I do it.
I turn over my base card on the wrong side, on the bottom section as you can see I have added the double sided tape to just below my mountain fold, at this point I also add some tacky glue to give it an extra strong hold.
















Now its time to layer the front of the card to the bottom layer,
by placing directly on top.... bottom to bottom
I find this an easy way to keep the card straight













The card is now assembled with a nice neat finish.
At this point I have added a paper bow made using left over papers from the same cd but from an earlier project ( nothing goes to waste in my craft room!)
I also added the sentiments
Just a reminder ladies everything thing that is printed came from the cd.







My Finished card
I know My Dad will love this.. even more because its handmade
I am nearly 55 yrs old and he calls me his No 1 girl 
LOL!!
(Girl I wish)
I hope you've enjoyed my Tutorial!
hugs
laney

I am entering this card into the following challenges





16 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

stunning hun,great tutorial too love this to bits,and love that paper bow,massive hugs Cherylx thanks for playing at anything goes too hun xxxxxx

Daniele said...

such a great card for your Dad, love the paper bow
hugs

Jackie said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the vintage feel....thanks so much for playing along with us this week @ ABC Challenges & hope to see you back again next week!!!

Craftevan said...

Brilliant Card I love you tutorial, well done.
Thank you for entering our Challenge 11 - DAD on Cards For Men, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon!

Hugs Kate xx
DT

Janine said...

Great tutorial and a wonderful vintage style card. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous tutorial Laney. Love this CD and the bow as a stopper is fabulous.

Hugs
Lindaxxx

Joey said...

Laney this is absolutely gorgeous, I love how you did the bow. Popped in from mim. Joey x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Laney, wow what a fabulous male card, I love the colour choice and the papers are gorgeous to. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sherry Hickey said...

Handsome vintage card; I just love it and I enjoyed your tutorial as well! Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Jennifer Grissom said...

Thanks for sharing with us at MIM!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic Fathers Day card, super colour tones. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH this time.
Yvonne

Kim said...

What a beautiful Father's Day card. Wonderful colors and textures.
Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you next week.

Kim - PTT DT

Danielle Vincent said...

A fabulous vintage masculine card. Love that it is an easel card too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

lizzidroege said...

lovely...so happy to see you at sch this time...lizzi

Melanie said...

A gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "for the fellas’” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creative Craft Challenges)

Mau xx said...

Hi Laney, sorry long time no see...slap my hands :0
Love the card, what a great image and love your bow.
Hugs Mau xx